RBIs at the end of June:
HR at the end of June:
All of the Cubs have dropped from last year, but nobody has dropped as much as the big free agent signing Milton Bradley.
The numbers don't lie! Up next, Mike Fontenot.
Shifting gears, today's Cubs notes:
- Jeff Samardzija has been called up to the Cubs to replace Jose Ascaino on the 25-man roster. I'm a big fan of "The Shark", let's hope he makes the most of this opportunity.
- It's good news on Aramis Ramirez. He could begin a rehab assignment as soon as Thursday. The rehab will be at least 4-5 games. Speculation is that he could be back by the last series before the All-Star break, which is against the Cardinals on Wrigley starting on July 10.
- The Cubs and White Sox game that was rained out will be made up on September 3 at 1:20 CT at Wrigley Field. The Cubs need to win this game to spit the Cross Town Classic 2009.
- According to the Sun-Times, Milton Bradley may sit the next 3 days to fix his swing. Lou dopped Milton to 6th in the order yesterday.
- Angel Guzman could come off the DL next Tuesday if all goes well in his rehab starts this week. He will pitch Thursday for Peoria.
- Alfonso Soriano is 4th in the All-Star voting for OF, 168,000 votes behind 3rd place Carlos Beltran. The top 3 outfielders in fan voting start in the Mid-Summer Classic.
- 2008 Cubs first round pick Andrew Cashner has been promoted to AA Tennessee.
- Mark DeRosa is happy to be back in the NL Central. ''It was definitely strange [Sunday] putting on that uniform of a team that you kind of got up for playing for the Cubs. You know what, though, I did a lot of soul searching that past couple of weeks, about moving on. I didn't leave the Cubs; the Cubs, they left me. So I feel good about the move. I'm excited to be here."
- Lou said that Sam Fuld will probably start in CF the next 2 games while Bradley is on the bench, Kosuke moving to RF.
- The Cubs lead the league in quality start from their starting pitcher with 46.
- Ted Lilly going against the Pirates tonight at 6:10.
- I'll have the June in Review post up for you some time tomorrow.
That's it for now, but I'll keep you posted.