Thursday, December 11, 2008

Other Cubs Rumors

Here's the non-Peavy Cubs Rumors from today:
  • The Cubs are moving on from Peavy and are mainly focused on a left handed hitter.
  • According to Jon Heyman, the Cubs and Mets are talking about a possible trade involving Jason Marquis.
  • Most sources believe that Milton Bradley is at the top of the Cubs list.
  • Paul Sullivan says Bradly along with Raul Ibanez and Bobby Abreu are still on the radar for left field.
  • The Cubs and Angels have talked about Chrone Figgins.
  • There's still interest in Randy Johnson from the Cubs.

I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I have not heard about the Figgins to the Cubs rumors. What are they? Who would we be trading? I live in SoCal and the Angels are my #2 team. Figgins would be a great addition. He can play CF and steal bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Figgins would be great. He can play almost any where on the dimound and can lead off. Here's the link that I got the rumor from: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/12/cubs-inquire-ab.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is from post I made on another Cubs blog: so far I give Henry a major "F" for his winter deals. He has spent all of his time and effort on the Peavy deal only to have it fall apart. He has weakened our bullpen by letting Woods go. The Gregg signing was good, but he only replaces Howry. So that is a wash/maybe a slight plus. Out of the three RF out there, the best one goes to the Phils in a resonable contract. So we are left with the other two options. With the Cubs focusing on the worst in Bradley. For me, in order to save our off season moves he needs to sign Randy Johnson (one year), get Abreu (maybe three years), and somehow get Roberts. Yes, I am not giving up on the Roberts thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jose, I agree with some of what you said but not all of it. Can you give me the link to your blog so I can read it?

    ReplyDelete