For those of you not going to the Convention, in addition to checking back for updates each day right here on this site, you can get your Cubs fix on WGN Radio. Sports Night with Judd Sirott and Brian Noonan will be broadcasting live on Friday night. Sports Central with David Kaplan and Jim Memelo starts at at 4:00.
Here are some notes from day two of the Cubs Caravan and more:
- Today tour 1 of the Cubs Caravan stopped at Lincoln Library in Springfield and O'Brien Field for the Peoria Chiefs fanfest.
- Tour 2 went to Augustus H. Burley High School, St. Luke Academy, Harriet Beecher Stowe School and USO of Illinois.
- Carrie Muskat wrote about the Cubs lead-off situation. She expexts to see Blake DeWitt, Jeff Baker and Kosuke all get ABs there.
- Mike Quade said yesterday that he always views the previous year's division champs as the favorites going into the season. In this case, Mike thinks the Reds are the team to beat.
- Dave Otto, Gary Matthews, Keith Moreland and Doug Glanville are the four guys in the mix for the open spot in the Cubs' radio booth.
- Gordon Wittenmyer provided another update on the opening day starter's race. It is still between Garza, Zambrano and Dempster.
- Kerry Wood is still thinking about 2003. He also mentioned in his chat with Fred Mitchell that he is glad to be home.
That's it for now, but I'll keep you posted from the Convention all weekend long!