Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cubs traded Cedeno and Olson for Aaron Heilman

Big News Today! The Cubs have traded Ronny Cedeno and Garrett Olson to Seattle for Aaron Heilman. With the trade the Cubs cleared a spot off their 40-man roster, so they could sign Paul Bako in the next few days. I'm not sure what to think about this deal. I'm shocked that they traded away Garrett Olson because we've heard that the Padres want him, and were assuming that they would trade him in a Jake Peavy deal. I like this move over all, because it adds depth to the pen, but if it means the Cubs aren't pursuing Peavy, I'm not too happy. But we'll have to wait and see.

Aaron Heilman:
  • played 2003-08 with Mets.
  • Traded to Seattle in December in a 3-team deal for J.J. Putz.
  • Right Handed.
  • 2008 Stats; 3-8 with a 5.21 ERA in 76 IP.
  • career stats; 22-33, 25 starts, 280 relief appearances, 4.24 ERA.
  • more stats on baseball reference, bio on wiki

This trade will be one of the many Cubs topics on tonight's chat right here on this blog at 7:00 CT. I'll be answering all Cubs questions, and I'll also have a few live polls and videos all Cub related.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment