Monday, January 26, 2009

Peavy News

Barry M. Bloom thinks the Peavy deal will get done! Bloom is a reported for MLB.com and he talked about the Peavy deal in an interview with MLB.com and in this article on Cub.com.
A few Notes from Barry:
  • His sources tell him that the Peavy deal is definitely in place.
  • Once ownership changes, he thinks Peavy will become a Cub.
  • Barry says the Cubs have put themselves in position all winter to make a Peavy deal.
  • He says that there is "no question" that the deal will get done.
  • Barry doesn't see a need for a 3rd team to get involve.
  • He doesn't think that the Cubs would have made the Pie/Olson trade if the Peavy deal wasn't on the horizon.

I think adding Peavy would be amazing but I'm ready for the saga to be over! I think we all have doubt in our minds because last winter we spent the whole off season thinking about Brian Roberts and he never came.

New episode of Cubscast today!

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Can you look at my blog and my post of the off season and see if I can put it on the other one that Phil gave me permission to. Link is
    http://waldo7239117.blogspot.com/.

    Thanks Christian Wickersham

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could copy it and paste it on a post for Phil's blog.

    ReplyDelete