Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Atkins could start for the Cubs?, Kerry Wood Speaks, Ozzie smack talks, and more

  • Aaron Heilman has an eye on the 5th starter's job. He said, "I'd like to get back to starting, there's a lot to be said for the routine. You know when you're going to pitcher. You're not constantly on call every day. It's always difficult to manage your routine (as a reliever). It's a constant balancing act, how much do I do, how little do I do. You can have a certain routine (as a reliever) but it's never the same everyday."
  • According to Cubs.com Mitch Atkins is in the mix for the rotation along with Heilman, Marshall, Samardzija, and Gaudin.
  • Alfonso Soriano said, "Lou, you can do whatever you want." About the possibility of moving Soriano down in the lineup.
  • Kerry Wood said, "No, 2003 probably, that playoff run we had. First time since '45 we got that close to the World Series. It was a magical season, and I was kind of in the center of that." -Thanks to BCB for that one.
  • Ted Lilly made sarcastic comments about Sox manager Ozzie Guillen yesterday, and Ozzie fired back: "I was a player rep before Ted Lilly. I respect his opinion and I don't know why it sounds like he doesn't respect mine. Tell him to worry about winning games for the Cubs and winning them for Lou, not what Ozzie thinks or says."

I'll Update this post this afternoon with more information from Day 4 of Spring Training.

2 comments:

  1. Ozzie needs to shut it! I hate Ozzie. Lilly will be on the only Chi town team to make the play offs. I think this just might make the cubs/Soxs series more "interesting"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Ted Lilly is a classy guy, he was just joking around, Ozzie needs to cool down. I do like Ozzie as the manager of the Sox because he heats up the crosstown rivalry even more! I hope Ted pitches against the Sox during Spring Training.

    ReplyDelete