Monday, May 25, 2009

7 Ls in a Row!

The Cubs are not hitting, at all!

Let's hope they break out of this tonight, at Wrigley. I'll be at the game tonight, and I don't want to see a game where the Cubs only score 1-2 runs. It's hard to blog about I team when they're playing as bad as the Cubs are right now, because there is nothing good to say really and everyone already knows how bad they are playing.

The last time the Cubs lost 7 games or more in a row, was an 8 game skid in May of 2006! And we all know where the Cubs finished that year.

A Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there. I hope you've enjoyed some time with family and friends like I have this weekend.

The Cubs bench situation is really not good right now. I don't think they have as good of a mix on this ballclub as they did a year ago. I knew before the season even started, that they needed to keep:
  • Henry Blanco
  • Mark DeRosa
  • Ronny Cedeno
  • Jim Edmonds

These guys were team leaders, they came through in key spots. The one that really bothers me, other than DeRosa, is Blanco. What reason did they have for not signing him? I like Koyie Hill, but Henry played better defense and new the pitching staff, and was a team leader!

Well let's move on to Cubbie Birthdays:

Angel Echevarria (38)

Jim Marshall (78)

1982- In the third inning of Chicago's 2-1 loss to Padres, Cubs' right-hander Fergie Jenkins whiffs shortstop Gary Templeton to record his 3,000th career strikeout

2005- The Astros break a 7-game losing streak beating Greg Maddux and the Chicago Cubs‚ 5-1. Maddux gets 17 of his 23 outs on the ground in the loss. LaTroy Hawkins of the Cubs retire the Houston Astros in the 9th inning on three pitched balls.

Let's hope the last one is a good sign that today the Cubs will break a 7-game losing streak!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck at the game today and give them good luck.

    I say the score 6 runs, dempster pitches 7 innings allowing 1 run.

    The Cubs win 7-2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Waldo! I sure hope the Cubs bats break out of their slump today! Let's hope for no rain also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks, atleast the Cubs hit. Pinella use all backup bullpen pitchers. If Harden was not on the DL Cotts will be gone. I dont think Hoffpauir should be a starter keep him in the utiliy roll like what you did to Fontenot last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a chat on my blog tomorrow at 11 C.T. Hope you be there. It will be on anything Chicago team and everthing related to sports.

    ReplyDelete