Thursday, May 28, 2009

Turn the Plane Around, Bobby Scales Right Back to Big Leagues

Ryan Freel, who left yesterday's game with a left hamstring pull, has been placed on the DL. Bobby Scales will be called back up to take his place on the roster. So right now, all of our backup infielders and third baseman started the year at AAA. I would expect Andres Blanco to mostly backup of SS, and Fox will split time in the lineup with Scales. Now 3 of our infielders are on the DL!

I'm happy Scales got called right back up! His a great story after all the years in the minor leauges and he was hitting pretty good (better than Freel and Miles!).

The Cubs are hesitent to use Jake Fox at 3B because of his lack of experience there. I think they should go ahead and put him in there! That guy can hit!

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I still don't see why the Cubs are waisting time and resources on Freel. Scales has proven capable of the backup role. It should be his now and wehn Ramirez returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of either Freel or Miles. The Cubs would have been much better off with keeping DeRosa. I think between Fontenot, Scales and Fox we should be getting some average production out of our second and third baseman until Ramirez returns.

    ReplyDelete