- Ryan Dempster has been dealing with some issues off the field. His daughter, Riley, was born prematurely in March. She has a rare form of DiGeorge Syndrome. It's difficult for her to keep her food down.
- "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy," Dempster told the Sun-Times. "I wouldn't wish the person I hate most in the world to go through that because I wouldn't wish any little kid to have to go through that."
- Aaron Miles played for the Iowa Cubs on Saturday. He played at 3rd base for 5 innings and went 2-3. The I-Cubs won 3-1. Miles is expected to be activated this Wednesday day.
- When Miles is activated it'll be interesting to see who the Cubs send down; Fox, Scales, or Blanco. I think they should be sending Blanco down, but he's the one of them that has been starting almost everyday.
- According to the Sun-Times, the Cubs are having some fun today. Angel Guzman has his glove on his head, is juggling, and is singing to PA music. Let's hope it means a win!
- The Cubs have an 0-19 streak with runners in scoring position going.
- Rich Harden has been scratched from his AAA rehab start today for undisclosed reasons according to Paul Sullivan. Not good news!
- The Cubs lost 4-3 to the Reds in extras last night.
Let's go get a win to take 2 out of 3 today! We need it!