Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cubs Will Finalize 25 man roster Today

The deadline is 2 PM Central Time this afternoon. The final decision that the Cubs have to make is the last two spots in the bullpen. Will the Cubs make a trade involving Chad Gaudin or Angel Guzman? Will they keep the Rule 5 Pick David Patton? I heard Jim Hendry talk on WGN Radio during the Cubs game yesterday, and it sounds like Samardzija is headed for AAA. Hendry said, "If we make a mistake and send a guy down that's easy to fix." Jeff is the only guy who has options left out of the 4.

Lots of posts still to come...

TV Notes for Today...
  • 2:00-2:30 CT on CSN Chicago, Cubs Spring Training In-Depth.
  • 1-3 CT on MLBN, MLB Predictions Special

I'll update with info if I learn anything from either of these programs. (thanks to DVR I can watch them both.)

Live Chat on this Blog tonight at 7 PM CT to talk Cubs as we get ready for Opening Day!
If you have a question or comment that you would like to be addressed in the chat, but you cannot make it to the chat, leave a comment or email be cubsblogmailbag@aol.com.

Still to come today:

  • I'll update you on the final 25 man roster whenever the news breaks.
  • My 2009 Individual Player Cubs Predictions.
  • My 2009 MLB Division Picks
  • A look at Cubs Opening Days
  • A recap of Pirates' 30 Clubs in 30 Days.
  • My Live Chat
  • And more...

No comments:

Post a Comment