Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Iowa Cubs Update, Former Cubs Updates, and More

Some notes from the Cubs farm teams for the first week...

The Iowa Cubs are 3-2. They play tonight at 7:35 PM CT.

Hitters:

  • Jake Fox is hitting .471 with 8 RBIs in 5 games.
  • Scales hitting .308, Fuld .300.
  • Taguchi is 2 for 13 with 4 walks.

Pitchers:

  • Jeff Samardzija: 6 IP, 3 ER on 5 hits, 3 BB, 2 home runs.
  • Randy Wells: 5 IP, 2 ER on 5 hits, 0 BB.
  • Mitch Atkins: 5 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 2 HR.
  • Esmalin Cardidad: 5 IP, 5 H, 0 ER.
  • J.R. Mathes: 4 IP, 6 hits, 5 ER

Former Cubs 2009 Stats So far...

  • Mark DeRosa: .115 AVG, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 6 Games.
  • Kerry Wood: 2 Games, 1 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 IP.
  • Felix Pie: 6 Games, .278 AVG, 1 HR, 2 RBI.
  • Rich Hill: 15 Day DL (strained left elbow)
  • Ronny Cedeno: 4 games, .143 AVG.
  • Jason Marquis: 1 Game, 7 IP, 5 Hits, 2 ER.
  • Henry Blanco: 3 games, 3-9, 2 HR.
  • Paul Bako, Daryle Ward, Jon Lieber, and Jim Edmonds are all still listed as free agents.

I'll keep you posted on our 2008 Cubs in their new homes throughout the 2009 MLB season.

NL Central Standings:

  • 1. Cardinals: 6-2
  • 2. Cubs: 5-2
  • 3. Pirates: 4-3
  • 4. Reds: 3-3
  • 5. Brewers: 2-5
  • 6. Astros: 1-6

Links:

Any questions/comments, you can always email me cubsblogmailbag@aol.com.

I'm going to have a post like this that include Minor League Update, a Former Cub Update, Links, NL Central Standings, and more on every Cubs off day! If you have a post (posted near a Cub off day) that you want to be included in the links just send an email to cubsblogmailbag@aol.com.

8 comments:

  1. You forgot about 1 ex cub and it is Michael Wuertz, he pitch 5.1 innings and gave up 2 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks and struck out 6.

    Not to be mean, Im just leting you know.

    Also at Wrigley is section 136 roll 13 good because i am going Sunday and I am also going april 26 in St Louis with free food, the tickets cost 123.

    Are you going to any Cubs games this season?

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to opening day so FAR. And yeah those seats are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and did you like it and the good think is the Cubs won. which one the one in Chicago if so it was a crap day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Waldo, I'll be sure to include Wuertz next time I do this. I haven't made any games yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I don't usually get tickets ahead of time, just try to land good seats the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going Saturday and Sunday. I cannot wait to go to the BEST CITY IN THE UNITED STATES! I can't wait for the Iowa Cubs to come to Omaha! I need some help, does anybody know where the Hardrock Hotel is at on Michigan Ave?

    Go Cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really sure where that is, but I looked it up on google maps and it's about 14 minutes away from Wrigley Field. Are you staying there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, I think the L train is around that area too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know how to change your blogs name?

    ReplyDelete