Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Samardzija Called Up Soon?

Update: Thanks to an anonymous commenter for this, According to the Tribune and the Sun Times, Jeff Samardzija will be called up and join the Cubs bullpen tomorrow. Jim Hendry has confirmed that Sean Marshall will stay in the rotation, and Neal Cotts will stay with the team. The Sun Times has now learned that Luis Vizcaino will be designated for assignment tomorrow. Nothing is official yet, but it seems that "The Shark" will join the bullpen before tomrrow's 1:20 game against the Reds.

By the way- go to Cubs.com and vote for the Cubs for the All Star Game. Voting will continue through July 5. (Link)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Most of you know that the Cubs defeated the Reds 7-2 last night. I won't run through the full recap but...

Game Highlight: There was lots of scoring for the Cubs, but I'm going to have to go with the cat on the field in the top of the 4th inning (link).

My Player of the Game: Rich Harden who went 6 strong innings, and Micah Hoffpauir for his solo homer run and walk in his 2 ABs.

Up Next: Game 2 of the series is tonight at 7:05, Ted Lilly will face Johnny Cueto.
"I don't care who wins as long as it's the Cubs!"

2 comments:

  1. The Tribune is reporting now that samardzija will be called up tomorrow and Vizcaino will be release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me waldo7239117. my profile wasnt under there so I put it under anonymous. next time i will write it was me.

    waldo7239117

    ReplyDelete